Friday 29 August 2014

My Very First Anna Dress....

....and I can't believe I left it this long! 

You guys, I think this is my favourite dress ever. Seriously. 


I have been lusting after the Anna dress by By Hand London for months now, after seeing the beautiful versions of virtually every sewing blogger I follow. Boy, was I late to the party. But what a great party is it! I treated myself to the pattern after I got my A Level results and could finally relax and get down to some serious sewing! 

Firstly, I was super impressed at the little By Hand London label that came with the pattern - a lovely surprise and such a nice touch. Secondly, the clear instructions made this dress a dream to sew. I changed the skirt to a simple gathered one which accommodates my crinoline (any excuse for a vintage style these days!) but that was the only alteration I made. 

I've been looking forward to starting on my winter wardrobe for weeks now - I love the lovely layering possibilities winter brings, as well as the season being more suited to my normal colour palette of navys and burgundys than summer. 


I owe Tilly (tillyandthebuttons.com) a massive thanks for the fabric, which I bought a couple of months ago with a Fabric Rehab voucher I won in her Brigitte scarf sewalong. It's still available if anyone wants to pop over for a look. I adore the bright colour of the flowers popping out from the darker navy background. 



If you haven't made an Anna dress yet, it comes with a massive recommendation from me. I love it and will very soon be making another version in some strawberry patterned (STRAWBERRY patterned!!) cotton, also from Fabric Rehab). 

I hope you are all having a lovely week, and thank you for stopping by! 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment